Review: The Toymakers

The Toymakers The Toymakers by Robert Dinsdale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fantasy in times of war, life-long love, magic toys, new life and life loss... all of this you'll find in this story... all this you find in the Emporium.

It was heartbreakingly beautiful!!

I've no way to describe all the feelings this book made me go through, it gave me wonder, despair, sadness, happiness, wonder again!

Few books have made me feel tearfully grateful is over the way it is... and as happy as this one did.

This book talks about harsh topics such as teen pregnancy, war atrocities, post-war trauma... but at the same time introduces them to you in a way that's not as horrible as it is in our minds. The author really told the story through a veil of fantasy that even though told very difficult stories everything seemed just as fantastical as the world inside the Emporium.

I absolutely loved this book, and I can't wait to read more from this author!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Érase una vez México, Tomo 1: De las Cavernas al Virreinato

Review: 神様はじめました 25 [Kamisama Hajimemashita 25]

10 Travelling Tips