Review: Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes

Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes by Elena Favilli
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a LOVELY book filled with empowering stories for girls of all ages.

I bought this book for my 6 year-old niece and we were reading one of this stories every night, and it was amazing how much she loved it and would bring it to me every night. Unfortunately I came to live to Japan and left the book back home so it took me longer to finish it. But finally I managed.

The book itself is a work of art, it gathers not only the amazing stories of 100 magnificent women but also 100 beautiful portraits by 100 different female artists.

The stories in it are one page long and easy to read and explain even to small kids, and tell the lives and most important achievements of important women like Jane Austin, Frida Khalo, Malala Yousafzai, Michelle Obama, Alek Wek, Maria Montessori, Cleopatra, and many many others. From all around the world and from ancestral times to this millennia.

It covers themes like rising above discrimination, achieve dreams, lead revolutions and wars, save slaves, write, paint, play music, sing, dance, be a girl...

Personally as I was reading some of the stories sometimes I would find myself with a tight throat and fighting hard not to cry... the stories as I said are short but very powerful and deep.

I think this book is 100% recommendable for everybody, not only girls but also boys and adults!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Érase una vez México, Tomo 1: De las Cavernas al Virreinato

Review: 神様はじめました 25 [Kamisama Hajimemashita 25]

10 Travelling Tips